Thursday, December 13, 2007

Traveling.........

I guess i am on a row with happy things these days........

Had my first Christmas Party today... I love going to parties cause there is always free food... and i have to say i was impressed..... i was thinking it would be the usual pizza flare... but instead we had sushi, roast chicken, meat balls........and of course...... Mary's famous salad (Master's Choice dressings i believe :)

Well with the holidays coming soon..... you start to get emails, msn messages, or facebook notes about the question of "what are you up to these days?"

To answer all questions...... here is a picture of what i am up to lately.... are you ready? It is for sure not for the faint hearted.......

I have been taking pictures of water striders......WHY? well i guess i will have to tell you all later..... cause i still haven't fully transformed from applied aquatic ecology to the dark side of evolutionary biology yet...... so if you are interested (really interested...), stay tune!!!!


Above is a Water Strider picture.... it is a female of a species named Gerris buenoi.......

I was also taking pictures and measurements of some giant water striders Gigantometra gigas which is the largest known Gerrid.........They are endemic to regions of Vietnam and south China...... I am not normally a bug fan... but i have to say they are so cool..........nothing like the common little striders you see in lakes and ponds...............i will try to get some pictures on here when i bring my camera to work

oh... i guess i got steered off track from what i initially wanted to say in this post... TRAVELING

i have been getting a lot of facebook notices these days about people posting their vacation pictures..... well i guess i will be doing that very soon too !!!

I am heading back to HK and Taiwan for Christmas.....mainly because is my very very BEST friend's wedding.... and I am in it..... but also for all the family and friends that i have missed for a long long time.... and not to mention the great food in HK and Taiwan........

I already have a list of places that i want to go eat in HK and Taiwan......hopefully i will be able to take better pictures of these yummy pleasure with my new found "skills" with my camera

No comments: