Friday, May 8, 2009

Middle Eel River trip- Part II

The coastline of the campsite



After we ended the River trip, BTE and I, as well as JB and KG went to the Coast. We stayed at Mackerricher State Park. I have to say i can't believe how much the camp site cost...$20 and the park manager came at like 10 and said "12 is the check out time, if you stay beyond that time you will have to pay for another day".... Can you believe that, also most as strict as a real hotel.


Can you see the sea lions?

Some strange marine plant


JB and KG took off after breakfast and BTE and I head to town (Fort Bragg) to explore the coast and have some lunch. It is actually a cute little town. It was really windy, so although it was quite sunny, it was still pretty cold. We walked around town to look for a good place for lunch and actually settled on a Japanese restaurant called Taka's Japanese Grill(I know hehe... I love Asian food :P). Who would have guess I have to say it was one of the best Japanese food I have had in a while. Although you can get sushi in Tahoe or Reno, but it is really hard to find home style Japanese food. The sushi there was great!!! Most importantly, no sauce!!! and I got Katsu Don(I miss that.... Tokyo Grill in Toronot!!! The best!!! sorry BTE, I know you can't have eggs). It was fantastic!!! Thinking about it makes me want it :). Then we went for ice cream and that was amazing too. I think it is called Cowlick's Handmade Ice Cream. I got coconut flavour and it was so good. There was like huge coconut chunks in the ice cream...........Yummmmmmmmmmm




All so tasty Katsu don......

In the afternoon, BTE took me to the botanical garden. Yup the botanical garden, I felt like a kid again. The flowers were really pretty and it was at a great location. We had a nice wonderful walk around the garden and enjoyed some sheltered sun. We were supposed to stay for another night, but the weather was turning grey on us so we decided it would be better off for us to head home. So we went to the grocery store, grab some snacks for the road and ON THE ROAD AGAIN.....Thanks BTE for doing all the driving :)







I know this post is pretty long, but I just had too much fun!!! I didn't want to go home at all. But i guess good times had to end somehow :( but I sure hope that we can do this again!

No comments: