Sunday, April 10, 2011

HA4: Lemon Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Green Tea White Chocolate Buttercream


The crumb and texture of this cupcake is awesome!!! I have never baked cakes with coconut milk before, but the richness of the coconut milk definitely shows in the cupcakes. I love it. However, it is not lemony enough to my liking. I think I am going to try to brush them with lemon syrup next time. I got the recipe from Love and Olive Oil, and modified the recipe to my elevation (@6200) by reducing the leavening by 1/4 and baked at a higher temperature.

The buttercream is a white chocolate buttercream with Mocha powder (Green tea powder) added to achieve that green mossy color. Yeah I needed a green mossy color icing without using food coloring.

The two components are great on their own, but I am not sure if they work well together.....Need to think about this a little more :)

Btw, I love those little cake topper :). They are made out of modeling chocolate. I needed to figure out some type of cake topper. I didn't want to use fondant or gum paste cause they are not very tasty. I love it....they are so cute :)


No comments: