Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brownie "beany"......"Beany" brownie............


As most of you know, I am moving this Friday.................I shipped most of my stuff to Tahoe already last week. I am practically living out of my luggage right now. I think I am just going to wear the same pair of jeans for the next few day.

But I turn around and look at my pile of food..............and stared.....................looks nothing like someone that is moving to another country in a few days............What am I going do with all that???

We are having a lab dinner at my boss Locke's place tomorrow, perhaps I can make something from my pile?

A can of black beans, a bag of chocolate chip and a bag of walnut. Perfect, I can make some black bean brownies. I saw this recipe a few months ago from 101 cookbooks and really wanted to try it. Perfect occasion !!!

Material and methods:

Please check out 101 cookbooks

I didn't have agave nectar so instead I used some Canadian specialty... Maple Syrup instead.... a tribute to Toronto ...... my home for 7 years



Results:

Dark Fudgy Tasty Goodness!!! You can't taste the "bean" in the brownies at all......... the texture reminds me of some Asian desserts. We used allow of legumes in our dessert. One of my favourite Chinese dessert is red bean soup, which is simply just red bean, sugar and water. The recipe is definitely a keeper in my book.


Hopefully, my labmates will like them


I am going to miss them.....................~~~~>.<~~~~

2 comments:

triathlon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Very tasty!