Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bibimbap........a wonderful summer dish



Well in my previous post....... I am sure I have already expressed my excitement of finding a Korean market in Sparks.

So to continue that theme of making Korean food, I made one of my favourite Korean dish--- Bibimbap!

Bibimbap is a dish with loads of fun because you can basically put whatever you want on there and it is also a great fridge "cleaner". Whatever you found in your fridge that will go well with rice and spicy pepper sauce is good to go!!! It is also really healthy cause you put loads of vegetables on it.

For this time, I put in the following ingredients on top of steamy fluffy short grain rice:

Zucchini, Carrots, Spinach, Kimchi, the bean sprouts i made earlier that week, and tuna

For the sauce, it is also really easy to make:

Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), rice vinegar, sugar and water


To assemble:

- Top a wide bowl with hot rice

- Pour a splash of sesame oil over rice

- Arrange vegetable and meat on top of rice

- Place a fried egg in the centre (optional)

- Sprinkle sesame seed over top

To eat:

- Mix Bibimbap sauce with rice and all ingredients until well mixed

- Enjoy!!!





4th of July is coming.......and I think I am going to make some Korean BBQ to serve my friends!!! It will be fun.................Hopefully everyone will show up (fingers crossed :P)



No comments: