Friday, June 20, 2008

Yim's............changed my life!!!

I have always wondered how I am going to survive in the "food diversity desert" of North Lake Tahoe. The lake is pretty (the other day i drove by east shore and looked out...........the lake was so blue and beautiful..........i had to yell to myself "I love you Lake Tahoe!!!"..........It is that pretty :), but really there are not that many choice when it comes to food. I guess unless you are willing to pay top dollars which i don't have................

Well I love food........and I have to say one of my favorite food is Korean food, although i think i might have to say I just love all good food. OK, let just say I love to make Korean food a lot at home. It is easy, tasty and mostly healthy.

Two weeks ago, I went to the only Asian grocer that i know of in Reno. It is at Keystone and 5th.
I think is called Reno Asian Market to stock up my pantry. They have a good selection of Thai and Chinese product, but when it comes to Japanese and Korean products there wasn't much. I was really disappointed cause i could find Gochujang (hot pepper paste) which is used in pretty much every dish Korean. And as i was told by a local Korean, there is no Korean restaurant in Reno. OH no..................I guess I will have to give up Korean food unless I go to Sacramento (according to my reliable sources), until I found Yim's.....................

Yim's is everything Korean, own by Korean and sell mostly Korean product..............I was in Heaven!!! ..................I was so excited which then made me really chatty, so i basically told the owner my life story and how much i love Korean food and how I have come all the way from Lake Tahoe to Reno to visit them.........and on and on and on HAHA (that is me when it comes to food!!!)

Anywaz, I stock myself up the best I can.... i couldn't get everything cause it will just go bad..........so i guess next time :)

So......my next step is to show my "very few" friends what Korean food is all about.......as I think most of them has never had Korean food...................I am excited!!!

Oh forgot.......here is the address of Yim's, in case a curious Tahoeian wants to know where it is

No comments: